Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The 4th of July Emily Style

Today is the day that we celebrate the creation of the ideas that made; and the founding of our country. I am grateful to be American and proud as well. Our celebration here in St. George of the fourth is going to include sloppy joes, a pool party, and being in bed hopefully before 10:30.
I had to work as well today. We worked today and got Monday off because OPA the Archaeological firm I work for is based out of Provo; meaning that most of the workers live there. They carpool back and forth on t he weekends so having a mid-week holiday was going to work in to the schedule.
The high today at the site is going to be 115 so in our own way we have decided today was the day that we try our new daily schedule. I now get up at 4:30 so that I can be ready to work at five. Work all morning taking three short ten minute brakes. We now skip lunch and go home at one. This way we now miss the hottest part of the day but lose sleep because their is no way for me to be in bed by or before nine thirty.
Everone have a happy Fourth of July and enjoy the fireworks for me because I should be asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a schedule like that when I worked at the brick factory one summer. It's taxing.